Sunday, August 10, 2014

Interview with N. Wood

Thank you Nat for taking time to answer my questions and congratulations on becoming the newest member of the Renaissance Romance Publishing family.

1: Favourite childhood book? 
Nat; 
I didn’t read it as a book until I was in my late teens, but as a child I collected the magazines and it had a little of
the story each fortnight so it was like reading the book. (See, I didn’t cheat :p ) and that book is The Animals of Farthing Wood by Colin Dann.



2: If you could choose to have lunch with 2 people alive or dead, who would it be and why? 
Nat; Well first of all Jackson Rathbone, because let’s face it the guy is drop dead sexy and a southern gent. I think he’d pull out my chair for me and tuck me
in, pour my drink…mmmm…and if he says ‘ma’am’it’ll be a bonus. For the second I think I’d choose Frank McCourt, because Angela’s Ashes is one of my most
favourite books, his writing style was so different and his life story very interesting. I would leave to hear it from his mouth if he was alive.



3: Where do you see yourself in five years?  
Nat; Hopefully behind a desk in my own home with a sea view and no disturbances so I can continue to write my stories for everyone’s enjoyment.



4: Do you have a genre of story you haven’t yet attempted?
Nat; There’s many genres I haven’t attempted yet and some I probably never will…BDSM for example. Though it’s become highly popular very recently, I find the genre difficult to read and certainly could never write it…nor sci-fi either.



5: Favourite place on earth?
Nat; I’m rather fond of Scotland and I also like Finland, the language and their cultures.



6: If you could get in your car today with a full tank of fuel and go anywhere, where would you go and why?
Nat; (keep in mind if I had the confidence and experience to drive on the motorway) I would go to Glasgow to see my best friend and spend a week or so with her, but on my way I’d return to my home town and visit my nan’s grave as I haven’t been since before I relocated to Cornwall.



7: Priority in a new home…library or pool?
Nat; Definitely a pool because I enjoy swimming, it’s great exercise and I’d rather write a book than read one.


8: Simpsons or Family Guy?
Nat; 
The Simpsons, definitely. My boyfriend watches Family Guy and it irritates the hell out of me.



Excerpt from Unspoken Heart – The Sound Of Silence



Well this was it, the first day at a new college. Time to be stared at, pushed around; prejudged.


With a barely audible sigh I lowered my feet from the dashboard as I kept my eyes fixed to the rivers of rain on the windshield. Beyond that the building loomed over the parking lot like a threatening monster. I tugged a hand through my hair, watching the other students as they ran from their cars and inside to avoid getting too wet.


“Are you going to be okay, Alex? If you’re not ready son, you don’t have to start today.”


I turned my attention to my dad. He was sitting in the driver’s seat of his old truck leaning against the window and watching me. I could tell from the expression in his eyes he was worrying about how today would go. He always tended to sit a bit slumped in his seat, the weight of the world on his shoulders. My dad had been through much, but what grieved me the most was that I was responsible for every wrinkle on his too soon aged face. I was to blame for the slight glaze of pain in his eyes and for the fact we only had each other left in the world.


With a sullen nod I turned my gaze back to the students fleeing the rain. A flash of lightning brightened the sky and for a moment the college appeared more threatening than ever, making me want to remain in the truck, but I was aware Dad had his new job to start today. He’d managed to secure work on a boat building team in the dockyard of a town an hour drive away. Dad had always worked well with his hands and carpentry seemed to be his favored profession. I wasn’t going to burden him more by wimping out and begging to just stay home rather than face a new college.


“Okay, if you’re sure.” I jumped as he rested his hand on my shoulder. Looking back to him, I noticed just the briefest of smiles gracing his lips and then it was gone. “If it becomes too much or too overwhelming, have them call me to come and get you, they already have my contact details.” When I gave a nod, he copied and raised his hand from my shoulder to my hair, giving it a ruffle.“Alright, son. You’d better get on inside, you don’t want to be late - have a good first day.”




N. Wood on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment