Sunday, August 10, 2014

Interview With M.B. Feeney

Thank you so much to M. B. Feeney for taking time out of her very busy life to answer my questions.





Favourite childhood book?



I have 2. When I was about 9 or 10, I was sat in school which had FREE READING time every Friday afternoon during which we could pick a book and literally sit and read. The only problem was, i’d read all the ones in our classroom. My teacher sent me up to the next class to pick one. I picked up 2.

The first was The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien which started me on my journey into fantasy books, which I still enjoy today. (I actually prefer The Hobbit to the Lord of the Rings trilogy) and is still a favourite today.
The second book also remains a firm favourite as an adult was Goodnight Mr. Tom by Michelle Magorian. I actually made my mum and my dad read it over the weekend I was allowed to borrow it for from school.


Favourite book now?


Not including the 2 above which I have continued to love as an adult, I have so many books that I love and will read over and over again, but if I was to pick a favourite, I’m going to cheat a little.
I can’t pick just 1 book, so I am going to pick a series. (even though there are many). Whenever I feel I have nothing to read, or don’t particularly want to start something new, I have books that I know I can pick up and just escape into. The Belgariad series by David Eddings are set of books in which the characters feel like old friends. I know them so well, but they still manage to surprise me on occasion (I’d also like to mention The Mallorean which is the follow up series by the same author)


If you could have a T shirt with a slogan on it that describes you
/ your life what would it be?



“It’s about bloody time” Those people who know me know that although I’m outgoing (read as mouthy) and a little sarcastic, I have little confidence in my so called “talents”.I can make snap decisions in all aspects of my life, but when it comes to anything creative, especially my writing; I talk myself into things, then out again. I worry that no one will like it, or there’s already something out there similar but better written. I think it was my cousin who is bias) that said to me “It’s about bloody time you did something with your writing”.


Satin or Silk (sheets).


Neither. I have lovely and soft cotton sheets


Greatest achievement to date?


Not including my children because let’s face it, they trump anything, I would have to say making the choice to go back to school and train to be a teacher. It was risky as it leaves us on minimal money for a while, but at the end of the day, it’ll be worth the worry and stress. Even though we aren’t the most flush of families, we are happy and manage to have fun.


Converse or heels?


This is a bit of a loaded question... I LOVE my converse and wear them a lot, but as many people know, I have a thing for cowboy boots. I wear mine pretty much all the time (apart from when I wear my converse) and they have a smallish heel on them.
 Apart from these, I love wearing heels when I go out, but they don’t tend to last very long on my feet.



Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

I have my 5 year plan. I will have graduated with a degree, I will be working in a school that I love which will then make me a little more financially secure.
Also, I will still be writing and publishing books. know it will never be a full time career for me, but writing is, and always will be, my
escape and as long as people still want to read what I write, I will continue to publish.


Thanks for having me :)






Excerpt from what I am working on now for submission to the Renaissance Romance Beach Reads Open call:



“Come on Ava,” my best friend Erica called out, trying to hurry me along as I made sure the dogs had enough food and water for the evening. “We’ll lose our reservation.” I didn’t know why she bothered doing this every time we went out, we were always late.
“You do realise that it’s a pub don’t you Davidson? They don’t tend to honour reservations, and anyway, we’ve been going there every Wednesday for nigh on five years. Not only will they keep a table for us, they’ll expect us to be late.”
”Well, maybe we can surprise them by turning up when we said we would.” She huffed as I locked the door behind me. I linked arms with her as we began to walk the short distance to The Goose for our regular steak date whilst Marcus was at football training.
For as long as I’d known him, Marcus had played Sunday League football which was followed by a Sunday afternoon of celebrating (or the drowning of sorrows) with his team mates at the very pub I was walking towards. Coupled with training one evening a week, his being out gave me more than enough time to spend with Erica or at home with the dogs.
“Have you thought any more about that holiday I mentioned?” Erica asked as we claimed our usual table accompanied by the staple bottle of red.
“I have...” my words drifted away as I thought back to her idea of a girlie getaway on the Isle of Wight. The top class Lakeside hotel with attached spa located right next to, as the name suggested, a beautiful lake.
Bliss.
“And? Why the hesitation?” She pushed, as she always did, her eyes flashing.
“I don’t know. It sounds amazing, and Lord knows I could do with some time away.”
“Do it then.” I knew I had enough holiday time available at work.
Screw it.
“Let’s do it.”

Buy Her Book on Kindle!

MB Feeney's Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment